The Civil Division, U.S. Department of Justice, is seeking a paralegal who has graduated within the last 2 years to work with attorneys in the Constitutional and Specialized Torts - Vaccine Litigation section. Paralegals assist trial attorneys on cases arising under the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. The successful candidate will work side-by-side with a team of attorneys and paralegals on cases dealing with cutting edge topics of science and the law.Learn more about this agency
As a Paralegal Specialist (Recent Graduate) GS- 0950-7/9, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Conducting research, writing and drafting documents, and organizing as related to legal services;
- Analyzing factual data, preparing exhibits, preparing case statements;
- Performing research into factual aspects of assigned cases;
- Assisting senior staff attorneys in preparing pleadings or briefs;
- Handling correspondence and potential conflict between client agencies and attorneys' goals;
- Assisting attorneys in conducting interviews with witnesses;
- Managing, tracking, and organizing case information;
- Reading and developing synopses and timelines of evidence;
- Analyzing testimony, depositions and preparing summaries.
11 - Full performance level of this position is GS-11.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591663200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.